The Australian and New Zealand Eating Disorders and Obesity Conference will continue for its 3rd year, as we come together to address effective Collaboration, Education and Innovation across the common domains of Eating Disorders and Obesity.
Hosted by the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association, the Conference will be held at Mantra on View, Gold Coast from the 16 – 17 May 2016 in a new era of collaboration, information sharing and professional networking.
The Conference will create a unified voice while attracting delegates from a wide range of backgrounds including clinical practitioners, mental health experts, public health administrators and academics to discuss and learn from each other. It is important the sector adapts and works together to ensure an all-encompassing approach to improve the health benefits for those affected with obesity and eating disorders.
With a common goal across both industries, there is an opportunity to collaborate and learn. This will be highlighted in the Program with a diverse range of topics addressing both areas. These include:
- Prevention: effective and appropriate solutions
- Treatments: early intervention and management
- Research and Assessment
- e-Health, technology and social media
- Implementation of programs and strategies
- Psychological effects
- Physical effects
- Promotion and services: child, youth and family
- Targeted services for vulnerable groups
- Diabetes screening, prevention, care delivery and economic aspects
- Health Promotion: practice and research
Delegates will have access to a comprehensive Program including Keynotes, Concurrent Sessions, Case Studies, Workshops and Posters.
The program is intended to provide all participants with an opportunity to contribute and learn. The program will include:
- Keynote presentations by renowned speakers
- Concurrent sessions, workshops and panel sessions
- Networking Functions
- Exhibition of the leading industry professionals
- Poster Presentations
- Access to presenter podcasts and book of proceedings following the Conference
Why You Should Attend
- Be exposed to new and innovating ideas and ways of thinking
- Network with your peers and leaders in their fields
- Be inspired
- by an optimistic, action orientated group of people by
- profound and positive speakers
- Learn key skills needed for ensuring the future
- Learn how to make a positive difference
Who Should Attend
This Conference will appeal to all medical and healthcare professionals who are interested in the assessment and treatment of people with eating disorders or obesity and who would like to learn more about the very latest developments in this field.
These will include:
- Assistant Professor Tara Diversi, Nutrition and Dietetics, Bond University
- Professor John Dixon, Head, Clinical Obesity Research, NHMRC Senior Research Fellow, Baker IDI
- Kelly Gall, Health Psychologist
- Dr Jonathan Mond, Department of Psychology, Macquarie University, Research School of Psychology, Australian National University
- Professor Peta Stapleton, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Society and Design, Bond University
|2016 Confirmed Keynotes
2015 Delegate Feedback
What happened at the 2015 Conference?
The 2nd Annual Australian & New Zealand Eating Disorders and Obesity Conference was held at Outrigger Surfers Paradise from 18 – 19 May 2015.
The conference theme, Finding Common Ground was a remarkable success with the program including 6 keynote presenters and 40 session presentations over two days.
The Conference explored contemporary best practice, multidisciplinary care and research into the epidemiology, clinical manifestations and treatments relating to eating disorders and obesity. It brought together clinical practitioners, mental health experts and public health administrators and academics from Australia, New Zealand, the USA and South East Asia.
The Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association would like to thank all of those who participated in the conference; the speakers who provided very beneficial, powerful and thought-provoking presentations, the dedicated efforts of our sponsors and supporters and our dedicated Committee members. Without the huge efforts of those involved this event would certainly not be possible.
The Conference Committee would like to thank our 2015 Keynote Speakers and our discussion panellists.
|Dr Tri Cao, MBBS, FRACGP, SCOPE- IASO (Specialist Certification of Obesity Professional Education) World Obesity Federation (formerly IASO) – Montague Farm Medical Centre|
|Professor John Dixon MBBS, PhD, FRACGP, FRCP Edin, NHMRC Senior Research Fellow, Adjunct Professor, Primary Care Research Unit, Monash University, Head of Clinical Obesity Research, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Head of Weight Assessment & Management Clinic, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute Monash University|
|Mr Scott Griffiths, PhD Candidate, School of Psychology – Faculty of Science, The University of Sydney|
|Professor Phillippa Hay, Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry, James Cook University, Editor-in-Chief Journal of Eating Disorders|
|Christine Morgan, Chief Executive Officer, The Butterfly Foundation & National Director, The National Eating Disorders Collaboration|
|Dr Elizabeth Rieger, Associate Professor/Clinical Psychologist, Research School of Psychology, Australian National University|