The Australian & New Zealand Eating Disorders and Obesity Conference provides a platform for healthcare professionals to come together and learn new and engaging solutions to inspire behavioural change.
This year’s conference includes outstanding presentations on the latest prevention, treatment and management techniques.
A specific focus of the conference is the utilization of communication tools through social media platforms to provide credible and practical nutritional messages whilst combating the myths and fads.
|Associate Professor Tim Crowe, Lecturer in Nutrition, Deakin University
Social media: turn a threat into an opportunity in nutrition and health
||Star of That Sugar Film – Damon Gameau
The That Sugar Film phenomenon now promotes its message through websites, blogs and twitter, a cookbook, and a free smartphone app that allows users to track their sugar consumption. The focus of the discussion will be the impact of the film and social media to promote behavioural change.
|<< DOWNLOAD THE CONFERENCE PROGRAM BOOKLET >>|
Confirmed Keynotes 2016
- Professor Clare Collins, Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle
- Professor Russell Keast, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University
- Professor Anna Peeters, School of Health and Social Development Deakin University
- Professor Tracey Wade, Dean, School of Psychology, Flinders University
- Associate Professor Warren Ward, Eating Disorder Service, Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital; Associate Professor, School of Medicine, University of Queensland
- Associate Professor Andrew Holmes, School of Life and Environmental Science, and Charles Perkins Centre, The University of Sydney
Delegates will have access to a comprehensive Program including Keynotes, Concurrent Sessions, Case Studies, Workshops and Posters.
The program is intended to provide all participants with an opportunity to contribute and learn. The program will include:
- Keynote presentations by renowned speakers
- Concurrent sessions, workshops and panel sessions
- Networking Functions
- Exhibition of the leading industry professionals
- Poster Presentations
- Access to presenter podcasts and book of proceedings following the Conference
Why You Should Attend
- Be exposed to new and innovating ideas and ways of thinking
- Network with your peers and leaders in their fields
- Be inspired by an optimistic, action orientated group of people and by profound and positive speakers
- Learn key skills needed for ensuring the future
- Learn how to make a positive difference
- All delegates who attend have access to archived educational material from previous conferences
Who Should Attend
This Conference will appeal to all medical and healthcare professionals who are interested in the assessment and treatment of people with eating disorders or obesity and who would like to learn more about the very latest developments in this field.
These will include: