Proudly supported by:
* The Heart Foundation has been consulted on the catering for the 2014 Eating Disorders and Obesity conference. Wherever possible, menu items are chosen to be consistent with national healthy eating guidelines
Find out more about our sponsors
- Abstracts open: 26th April 2013
- Abstracts close: 28th February 2014
- Notification to Authors: 14th March 2014
- Author Acceptances: 28th March 2014
- Draft Program available: 4th April 2014
CONFERENCE HASH TAG
Read our Blog
Like us on Facebook
Join us on LinkedIn
The Australian & New Zealand Eating Disorders and Obesity Conference was held at the QT Gold Coast from the 26 -27 May 2014.
The conference theme, A Shared Approach: Assessment, Prevention and Treatment was a tremendous success with the program including 10 keynote presenters, 40 session presentations, 4 optional workshops and poster presentations over two days.
The program examined the Treatment, Recovery, Management, Prevention Strategies in Eating disorders, obesity and unhealthy dieting practices and the adverse effects on psychological and physical health.
Speakers explored contemporary best practice, multidisciplinary care and research into the epidemiology, clinical manifestations and treatments relating to eating disorders and obesity. It bought together clinical practitioners, academics, mental health experts and public health administrators from Australia, New Zealand, the USA and South East Asia.
Feedback from the program has been overwhelmingly positive and some of the comments included in the evaluation form from delegates include;
Fantastic programme - very practical and great to have obesity and eating disorders talked about in the same forum
It was so good to have presentations extend beyond just eating disorders and body image to include obesity and the complexity underlying disordered eating and some bariatric clients. Great to have the research into food addictions
The Hosting Association’s would like to thank all of those who participated in this year’s conference; the speakers who provided very beneficial, powerful and thought-provoking presentations, the dedicated efforts of our sponsors and supporters and our dedicated Committee members. Without the huge efforts of those involved this event would certainly not be possible.
We look forward to your involvement and support of the 2015 Conference. The destination and date will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Dr Chris Davis MP, Assistant Minister for Health
- A/Prof Leah Brennan, Clinical and Health Psychologist
- Ms Anita Cochrane, Clinical Psychologist (AHPRA), Accredited Practising Dietitian, LifePsyche Pty Ltd
- Dr Chris Davis MP, Assistant Minister for Health and Member for Stafford
- Ms Kim Hurst, Senior Psychologist, Eating Disorder Program
- Dr Vivienne Lewis, Assistant Professor, Psychology, Faculty of Health, Canberra University
- Jane Martin, Executive Manager, Obesity Policy Coalition
- Professor Nick Martin, Head, Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- Dr Jonathan Mond, Adjunct Associate Professor, Research School of Psychology, Australian National University
- Christine Morgan, CEO, The Butterfly Foundation; National Director, The National Eating Disorders Collaboration
- Professor Brian Oldfield, Professor, Department of Physiology, Monash University
- Professor Steve Simpson, Academic Director of the Charles Perkins Centre and an Australian Research Council (ARC) Laureate Fellow in the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Sydney
- Ms Desi Achilleos Eating Disorders Association Queensland
- Dr Vivienne Lewis Clinical Psychologist, Centre for Applied Psychology, University of Canberra
- Jane Martin Executive Manager, Obesity Policy Coalition
- Professor Brian Oldfield Professor, Department of Physiology, Monash University
Who Should Attend
Australian Community Workers Association CPD Endorsement