4th NATIONAL EATING DISORDERS and OBESITY CONFERENCE
Eating Disorders and Obesity in the real world – seeking practical solutions
The 2017 National Eating Disorders and Obesity Conference was held at the Mantra on View Hotel, Gold Coast 7 – 8 August.
The conference focused on the specific issues of eating disorders and obesity, the co-relationship within the context of mental health, the challenges surrounding public health in our current and future population and the role of physical health in maintaining our positive wellbeing.
Subject topics to be addressed include dietary approach, understanding attitudes, health promotion, making and breaking habits, psychological strategies, weight management and mental illness in addition to therapies, research, programs, case studies, trends and treatments.
Hosted by the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association, the 2017 Program will include presentations from Feature Speakers, multiple specialist sector speakers within concurrent streams, panel discussions and poster presentations.
Speaker Highlights - 2016 Conference
The Conference Advisory Committee would like to thank our 2016 Keynote Speakers:
- Professor Clare Collins, Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle
- Associate Professor Tim Crowe, Lecturer in Nutrition, Deakin University
- Professor Russell Keast, School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University
- Professor Anna Peeters, School of Health and Social Development Deakin University
- Professor Tracey Wade, Dean, School of Psychology, Flinders University
- Associate Professor Warren Ward, Eating Disorder Service, Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital; Associate Professor, School of Medicine, University of Queensland
- Associate Professor Andrew Holmes, School of Life and Environmental Science, and Charles Perkins Centre, The University of Sydney